[cmsms_row data_width=”boxed” data_color=”default” data_padding_top=”50″ data_padding_bottom=”50″][cmsms_column data_width=”1/1″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
“European agricultural fund for development of rural areas: Europe investing in country areas”
Operation called “Bees as one of elements shaping the organic farming” aimed to provide knowledge, as well as necessary theoretical and practical information to persons, who on own initiative would like to establish and lead business activity of bee apiary, co-finance from European Union funds as a part of rural development program for 2014-2020.
[/cmsms_text][cmsms_divider width=”long” height=”1″ style=”solid” position=”center” margin_top=”10″ margin_bottom=”10″ animation_delay=”0″][cmsms_image align=”center” animation_delay=”0″]152|http://ekoostoja.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/projekt-1-logo.jpg|full[/cmsms_image][cmsms_divider width=”long” height=”1″ style=”solid” position=”center” margin_top=”30″ margin_bottom=”30″ animation_delay=”0″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
An aim of the project:
- development of the potential entrepreneurship on the local market and shaping pro-ecological attitudes,
- formation of new bee apiaries in the region, which will contribute to the growth of bee populations,
- raising the level of ecological awareness and focus on organic farming,
- carrying out 10 meetings for 15 participants (150 participants).
Target group (cumulative mandatory criteria):
- persons over the age of 18 years
- living on the country area, in Łódź Voivodeship, in Radomsko, Bełchatów, Pajęczno, Wieluń, Wieruszów districts (within the meaning of the Civil Code)
- owning or leased among others to 1 ha of agricultural lands
And meets at least one of the following conditions
- beekeepers, who have less than 5 hives
- beekeepers, who don’t have the age of 30 years
- persons, who aren’t beekeepers, but want to establish the apiary
The target group will constitute 150 persons. Two trainings will be organized in each county, with a population of 15 persons, i.e. 5 districts x 2 group x 15 persons, total of 150 persons.
The main objective of the project is to provide the knowledge, as well as necessary theoretical and practical information to persons, who on own initiative would like to establish and lead business activity of bee apiary.
[/cmsms_text][cmsms_divider width=”long” height=”1″ style=”solid” position=”center” color=”#48853b|100″ margin_top=”50″ margin_bottom=”50″ animation_delay=”0″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
1. Structure of the hive and overview of the types of hives:
- characteristics of fixed hives, movable hives and combined hives,
- Warsaw, Greater Poland, dadant,
- capacity of the hive and size of the frame.
2. Advice from the scope of bee-keeping economy:
- competitive arranging apiaries and their health,
- economic support of the apiary,
- technique of beehives inspection,
- collecting and settling the hive,
- putting families in pairs,
- enlarging the apiary by forming of new colonies,
- resettling families to other hives.
3. Enlarging the apiary:
- reasons of swarming tendency and prevention,
- consequences of the outing,
- use of swarming bees,
- forming of new colonies, putting new colonies with production families – rotational economy.
4. Use of the nectar:
- strength and structure of the families before honeydew,
- distance of the apiary from the honeydew base,
- kinds of nectar benefits,
- honey harvest,
- transport of families,
- use of spring, summer and autumn honeydew.
5. Bee mothers in the bee-keeping economy:
- frequency and dates of mothers exchange,
- discussion about methods of breeding mothers for personal use,
- discussion about breeds and lines of bees bred in Poland,
- ways of mothers and mother plantation treatment.
6. Range of apiculture products:
- honey, pollen, bee’s bread, royal jelly, wax, propolis, bee venom.
7. Diseases of bees and combating them:
- among others varroasis, nosema, American foulbrood, calcareous mycosis.
8.Preparing families to overwintering:
- ensuring conditions of good bees preparation to overwintering,
- arranging the hives,
- strength of the family,
9. Legal regulations of leading the apiary, direct sales of apiculture products.
[/cmsms_text][cmsms_heading type=”h3″ font_weight=”normal” font_style=”normal” icon=”cmsms-icon-mail-1″ text_align=”center” color=”#ffffff|100″ bg_color=”#48853b|100″ link=”/en/contact” target=”self” margin_top=”60″ margin_bottom=”20″ animation_delay=”0″ classes=”box-info”]PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED[/cmsms_heading][/cmsms_column][/cmsms_row][cmsms_row data_width=”boxed” data_padding_left=”3″ data_padding_right=”3″ data_color=”default” data_bg_position=”top center” data_bg_repeat=”no-repeat” data_bg_attachment=”scroll” data_bg_size=”cover” data_bg_parallax_ratio=”0.5″ data_padding_top=”0″ data_padding_bottom=”50″][cmsms_column data_width=”1/1″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
The project was a great success and we would like to thank everyone for participation, support in its implementation, because without the people of goodwill and caring for animals this would be impossible.
With kind regards
Volunteers and founder member of the Foundation