[cmsms_row data_width=”boxed” data_color=”default” data_padding_top=”50″ data_padding_bottom=”50″][cmsms_column data_width=”1/1″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
Undertaking “Traditional forest bee-keeping a chance of the protection of wild bees”, co-financed by the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Warsaw, as a part of the project carried out by the Foundation for the development of agriculture entitled: “Altogether for the climate”.
[/cmsms_text][cmsms_image align=”center” animation_delay=”0″]118|http://ekoostoja.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/projekt-2-logo.jpg|full[/cmsms_image][cmsms_divider width=”long” height=”1″ style=”solid” position=”center” margin_top=”20″ margin_bottom=”20″ animation_delay=”0″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
An aim of the project:
- protection of endangered species of wild bees and shaping pro-ecological attitudes,
- formation of new forest bee-keeping apiaries in the region, which will contribute to the growth in population of wild bees,
- raising the level of ecological awareness and focus on organic farming,
- carrying out 5 meetings for 10 participants (50 participants).
Target group (cumulative mandatory criteria):
- persons over the age of 18 years
- living on the country area, in Łódź Voivodeship, in Radomsko, Bełchatów, Pajęczno, Wieluń, Wieruszów districts (within the meaning of the Civil Code)
- owning or leased among others to 0.1 ha of the forest area
And meets at least one of the following conditions
- forest bee-keeper, who has min. 1 beehive,
- beekeepers, who don’t have the age of 30 years
- persons, who aren’t forest bee-keepers, but want to establish beehive.
The target group will constitute 50 persons. The training will be organized in each county, with a population of 10 persons, i.e. 5 districts x 1 group x 10 persons, total of 50 persons.
The main objective of the project is to provide the knowledge, as well as necessary theoretical and practical information to persons, who on own initiative would like to lead the business activity of forest bee-keeping.
[/cmsms_text][cmsms_divider width=”long” height=”1″ style=”solid” position=”center” color=”#48853b|100″ margin_top=”50″ margin_bottom=”50″ animation_delay=”0″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
1. Contemporary forest bee-keeping and its history:
- types of trees, in which beehives are carried out,
- choice of the appropriate place to set the log, wherever in a form of fixed or movable position,
- carving and knitting of logs for beehive using modern techniques,
- methods and materials of attracting swarming to established beehives.
2. Forest bee-keeping – promotion and benefits:
- protection of endangered species of wild bees,
- maintaining rare species of organisms living on trees,
- honey from beehive – certification,
- production and economic function of bees on forest areas,
- environmental and tourist aspect as a part of activities in these circles,
Forest bee-keeping as the form of society education:
- raising the society awareness in terms of forest resources and forestry protection by biodiversity conservation of wild pollinators in the work with forest bee-keepers of the 21st century,
- focus on organic farming.
[/cmsms_text][/cmsms_column][/cmsms_row][cmsms_row data_width=”boxed” data_padding_left=”3″ data_padding_right=”3″ data_color=”default” data_bg_position=”top center” data_bg_repeat=”no-repeat” data_bg_attachment=”scroll” data_bg_size=”cover” data_bg_parallax_ratio=”0.5″ data_padding_top=”0″ data_padding_bottom=”50″][cmsms_column data_width=”1/1″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
Thank you for your participation in the project and help in its implementation. Special thanks to Mr. Andrzej Pazura and ODR Pajęczno – for Ms. Katarzyna Korbaczyńska.
In the New Year we invite you to the next forest bee-keeping-related activities, i.e. knitting of logs and placing them in friendly places. We will keep you informed about updates of our undertakings in mentioned above subject.